One of the easiest ways to teach bilingual baby is to get your children involved in the cooking process. Every time you cook, you can make the experience of learning a new language extremely fun. By also teaching them the cooking of another country, you can also open them up to a whole new world of tastes. A lot of children always like to stick with the basics: chips, fish fingers and burgers. Getting them involved in the kitchen experience will help them not only learn a new language but also enjoy a new variety of food.
- Prepare for each lesson: Every time you cook with your child, look at it as though you are going to be giving a lesson. Make sure that you write down the words of each food in the other language (and if English if you want). Do some research on the recipe so that you can talk to your child about the history of the recipe.
- Divide the recipe into tasks: Each recipe should be divided into specific tasks. Make sure that you know which one you should come first. As you are doing a specific task (with the help of your children, of course) make sure that you explain each process in the other language.
- Make them repeat the words out loud: if your child is going to start beating eggs, first make sure she knows what the word is in both languages. For example, if you were teaching Spanish then make them repeat “huevo” while working with the eggs and using them in the recipe. The more time they repeat it the better.
- Revise once the cooking starts: Once you put the food in the oven or let it cook on the stove pot, review the recipe and the ingredients with your child. Go through each ingredient and ask your children how to say it in Spanish. If they still don’t know, repeat the words again for them to hear.
- Don’t give up: Teaching a second language, especially bilingual baby, can be a daunting process. Don’t give up and have a lot pf patience when it comes to your children.
Teaching your bilingual baby almost seems easier when you combine learning a language with cooking. Many parents complain that there are not enough activities when it comes to bilingual baby. You just need to be creative and your children will learn both languages in no time!
Teaching your bilingual baby can never be boring – especially when done in the kitchen.
Every parent wants their baby to be the best baby there is in the world. It is natural that one wants their baby to be the one everybody else admires and want their own babies to be like, no matter where they live in this world. A growing baby needs to pass through a number of natural development stages. These developmental stages ensure the proper growth of an infant or baby. Different developments such as cognitive development, motor skill development as well as biological development come under the concept of developmental changes.
Everyone knows that there is a baseline at which babies learn things as they grow up i.e. there is a certain average age at which a baby takes his or her first steps. There is an average certain age at which a baby boy or a girl says their fist word etc. Parents worry when their own baby reaches the specified certain age and is unable to demonstrate these abilities while other children of the same age have done so. Parents whose babies do not pass these developmental milestones while other babies have, makes them think that something is wrong with their infant and try to decide whether they should get their baby checked. On the other hand, the babies who reach these developmental milestones earlier than the average age most babies pass them consider their babies to be more intelligent and brag about their baby’s achievements to others.
Researchers studying the developmental stages of babies have always tried to figure out and see if there is any way the speed of such developments can be increased or not. One such infant researcher, Robert C. Titzer founded the Infant Learning Company, a company that produces various learning products to enable infants to learn as they develop. One of their products is the “Your Baby Can Read”. This product is an early language development system that enables infants to develop the ability to recognize words as well as enable them to read these words. This product uses a variety of flashcards, card games, sound recordings as well as videos that teaches a baby to recognize words and be able to read these recognized words.
The various tools used in this product have been designed and made, keeping one important fact in mind. According to the company, an infant brain needs stimulation. Even a little stimulation is enough for the brain to learn and to grow. During the first five years, 90% of the brain develops at a very fast rate. This is the time an infant or a toddler is able to learn any language. As the brain is developing, it means that the brain is constantly creating thousands of synapses to enable it to retain more knowledge. The said product “Your Baby Can Read” utilizes this time of brain development through the use of various tools and thus, enabling an infant to read.
This product has taken the world by storm and a lot of parents are satisfied with the product and say that it has actually helped their infants to read words that they were able to recognize. All of these tools jointly help an infant be able to stimulate their brains to the fullest and easily learn the skill of reading the words that they see.